Google Translator

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mom's Birthday!


I love browsing Pinterest for all types of things!  More recently, I have seen some lovely cards that are done with Quilling.  So I decided to give it a try!  I really do love the look of a quilled flower.  I have bought dies that you wind up the die cut strip and it turns into a lovely flower.  So quilling seemed to be right up my alley! This card is for my Mom's 83rd birthday! She won't like me telling how old she is but I think it is an honor to reach that age!  This card is another one of those Spring cards.  If you look at my post below you will see where to find the instructions.  I think they are fun to make since they are meant to Pop up when you take them out of the envelope.   My family are getting together today to celebrate Mom's special day!  I am really looking forward to it!

I thought I would add a few pictures of the Succulent Garden that I planted this weekend!  Succulents are another new interest that I discovered while browsing Pinterest.  They are really cool!! There are many different varieties too!!  Take a look-



3 comments:

  1. Love the quilling. It made such a lovely card. The succulents are great. I think I may put some in a pot and place it by my garden shed. YOur home really looks great. Creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    I hope your Mom had a great birthday. I can't believe you taught yourself quilling! This card is so gorgeous. Your succulent garden is great and I love the little plant carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativeness inside and outside your home is beautiful! Loved your dessert at the barbecue!!! Mom's card was spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete