Google Translator

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentine Train Block Card!



When I first saw the design for Block cards- I thought they looked like a train or maybe stairs.  I had to try to see if I could make a train come to life.   I made two!  This one is a more straight forward train.  I used SU's oval punch to make the roof of the train.  The wheels are Spellbinder's circle dies with the center a Spellbinder's flower die.  Here is a picture of the back-

My husband did not like my first attempt at turning the Block card into a train- see below.  I was going for Whimsical- He is more of a realist!  

I added a picture of our Grandson as the conductor.  The roof is from a SU punch- the name escapes me.  These block cards are fun to make!  You can check out my previous posts to find the link to the instructions from PaperCrafter 45!



7 comments:

  1. Chris, you just made me get out of my desk chair and start cutting and stamping! This train and all your block cards are amazing. Thanks for sharing the link earlier and your amazing art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The black and red train is just right. I think the wheels are perfect, too. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wheels too! Love, love love your train! You definitely have an eye for the punch art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these. They are fabulous! You always do such amazing things and you inspire me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! JUST saw HOW to make this "block card" over at Paper Punch Addiction yesterday!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A CREATIVE MIND you've got!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous and I have a 3-1/2 year old great nephew who loves trains...may have to try your idea! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete