Google Translator

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Card in a Box!

 I am having a blast making these Card in a Box Christmas cards!  We send out about 30 cards and this year I am making several different themes.  These are my Toy Soldiers! 



 I use a bunch of different stamps to construct these guys!  The hat is made from SU's tag punch.  I just cut it down to shape it into a tall hat.  I use the oval punch to add the detail to the hat.  You can see I use the tag punch for the body too.  The arms are from SU's slot punch...at least I think it's called that. 



 Here is another shot of the construction stage. 



These are my Angel Card in a Box!   Can you find the instructions on how to make these fun Cards on a previous post here on my blog in November.  The ideas are limitless!   Monica Gales's  video instructions are fabulous! 




 I love using the Memory Box butterfly for the Angel's wings!  I use my Bone Folder to give the wings a little curve. The body is from SU's blossom punch. ( I think that is what it's called)  I am working on a Manger scene right now that I saw on Pinterest.  I know my sister, Connie made one and I loved it!  Back to my studio to finish up!





16 comments:

  1. All of these and the others you've made are just wonderful. Going to be lots of happy people getting these!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NUTS about both of these and have to make them. The angels will be perfect for the high school kids in my church to make for the elderly in retirement homes. Of course for next CHRISTmas. And I adore the nutcracker. Thank you so much for posting. Going to go Pin right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question, no mention as to what you used the white "thingy" on the top of the hat??

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your boxes are so cute! Thanks to you, I have also made several of these and recipients are always impressed by them. Yours are especially detailed so I know you put a lot of hard work into them ... nice job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so let me tell you that my jaw hit the floor when I sa your gorgeous cards. I am sure to case them all for next year. Fabulous, just fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...Now I gotta pull out all my punches and look at them in a totally different way! Excellent ideas--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! Filing away for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you and what a wonderful project. Punches and dies can certainly be utilized and can't wait to try. Gotta join your site. Blessings for a wonderful 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These little toy soldiers just had to bring on a Christmas smile! Very clever use of punches...well done! I'm very happy to see the various stages of construction...makes figuring out the steps so much easier. Thanks for posting this wonderful idea! Happy New Year 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any chance of a step-by-step tutorial. ? Video or otherwise? I am fairly new to stamping and have no idea how to make the boxes, use my punches accordingly, etc. LOVE LOVE LOVE the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. If anyone has the measurements of this card that would fit in a regular A6 envelope, could you please email me at debbie.neuman1@gmail.com? Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastische Exemplare. Mir gefällt alles sehr gut.
    Liebe Grüße Beate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am from Bolivar, NY and love your ideas. I make all my own cards and am really hoping to CASE your ideas for my grandkids for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete